Masters of Ceremony
- Kevin Aberg Kultalahti Co-founder and Technical Community Builder at Svelte Society
- Brittney Postma Staff Engineer Design Systems at Provi
Svelte 5 Alpha Release
Rich Harris shows us what's new in Svelte 5 and announces the Svelte 5 alpha.
- Rich Harris Creator of Svelte
- Paolo Ricciuti Senior Software Engineer - Mainmatter
Accessibility tips with Svelte solutionsWatch
Do you find Svelte's a11y warnings get in your way? They're actually part of a greater mission shared by nations around the world to make the digital web universally accessible. In this talk, I will break down some of Svelte's a11y warnings, the user experiences they impact, and how to solve them.
- Enrico Sacchetti Marketing DevOps - Fortinet
Translating The Docs
Documentation is hard to write. It can also be hard to read, especially when you don't speak english fluently.
That's why we have translated the Svelte docs and tutorial to french, to help the french-speaking community grow.
We want to share the process we used to achieve it, so that it can be replicated in other languages.
- Romain l'Ourson Front-end developer
How SvelteKit & GraphQL plays well together
Let's show you the magic of GraphQL with Houdini.
"Hocus Pocus keep your focus"
- Jean-Yves Couet Dynamic Process - CEO
The Great Escape - Breaking Out Of React With Svelte and VanillaJS
In my first major freelance project, I faced challenges integrating the GSAP Draggable plugin with React, leading to technical debt and project cancellation. A few months later, I explored SvelteKit, creating a Trello clone. To my surprise, Svelte effortlessly harmonized with vanilla JS libraries like GSAP. Svelte has opened a lot of doors in my software development journey and pushed me to explore more vanilla JS alternatives.
In my talk, I would like to compare the challenges and solutions within my React implementation and Svelte implementation, focusing on the mental models of each.
- Steven StavrakisFreelance Full-Stack Developer and UX Designer
Exploring Svelte DevToolsWatch
An overview of the Svelte Devtools browser extension
- Ignatius B Software Engineer
How does SvelteKit Fare as a SPA Framework?Watch
When people hear metaframework, the first thing they think of is usually SSR. However, SvelteKit also supports other rendering strategies like CSR and prerender. As the recommended way to build any Svelte app, is it going to offer the best DX for all its use cases? In this talk I'll share my experience and tell you what's good, what's bad, and what's awesome about building SPAs with Sveltekit.
- Henry LieFrontend Team Lead at HENNGE
svelte ecosystem ci
An introduction and invitation
- Dominik Gtagline'); DROP TABLE taglines; --
inlang Paraglide-JS for SvelteKit (i18n)Watch
After 6 months of research and development for SvelteKit, inlang Paraglide-JS for SvelteKit is finally ready.
Paraglide-JS comes with two main innovations that make Paraglide JS the simplest, most efficient, and typesafe i18n library for SvelteKit.
1. A compiler (sounds familiar?) emits message functions instead of key-value runtime lookup logic.
2. The message functions are tree-shakable, leading to auto optimization by the bundler.
- Samuel Stroschein Creator of inlang
enhanced:img - handling images in Svelte and KitWatch
Ben shows us how to use the newly released <enhanced:img> feature in Svelte and Kit.
- Ben McCann Svelte Maintainer
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I want to sponsor the event! How do I do that?
The easiest way is to fire off an email to email@example.com and tell us what you have in mind. You can also head on over to our sponsor deck that you can find in the sponsor section above.
- Can I speak at the event?
Yes! We welcome anyone and everyone to make a CFP submission. You can find the CFP submission page here.
- Is there a schedule?
There is a schedule that you can find on twitter.
- When is it?
November 11th, 2023. The event will last for about 5-6 hours (including breaks). It starts at 3PM CET
- How do I watch it?
Once the day arrives, tune in to the Svelte Society YouTube channel and start watching. We'll also make sure to post a notice at the top of this page if you forget where to go.
- What is this?
- Svelte Summit is an event dedicated to Svelte and everything that is happening in the community. Don't miss it! It's going to be an absolute blast.